Ambassador Duty Free
Ambassador Duty Free is located on the Canadian plaza of the Ambassador Bridge. The store is a joint
public/private initiative between the University of Windsor and the Canadian Transit Company, which owns the Canadian half of the Ambassador Bridge.
Duty Free Store enables the University of Windsor students to gain valuable
work experience in a variety of areas, including retail, marketing and
tourist services positions.
Bridge, which links Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan, is the busiest
international border crossing in North America.
The 15,000 square
foot store offers a variety of services such as currency
exchanges, and service in both of Canada's official languages.
Canada Border Services Agency duty-free program promotes the sale of domestic goods, offers a service
to the travelling public and creates employment. The opening of this store, on May 20, 1995, brought to 35 the total number of stores at Canadian border
crossings, in addition to 20 at international airports in Canada.
The Ambassador Duty Free Store offers a wide selection of goods, including:
- Perfume - Designer Fragrances from around the world.
- Canadiana - Handcrafted treasures from local and national artists.
- Fine China and Crystal - Elegant collection of porcelain and glassware.
- Jewelry and Watches - Precision timepieces and exquisite fashion accessories.
- Liquor, Vintage Wine and Beer - International brands and unique products, including world-famous Canadian Ice Wine.
- Currency Exchange
- Service in both of Canada's official languages.
- Clean, spacious restrooms.
- Large humidor with a fine selection of cigars.
- Free Coffee Available
- Large dedicated parking area for RV's and tour buses.