Ambassador Duty Free Detroit is a full-service Duty Free Store located at the foot of the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit, Michigan. The Ambassador Bridge serves as North America’s #1 Border Crossing.
As a Duty Free Store, items are sold for export and are exempt from certain taxes and duties that would typically be applied to the merchandise sold at a regular domestic retail store. Taxes such as state sales tax and import tariffs are not applied at the point of sale when an item is sold for export. When a traveler leaves the country, they have the opportunity to shop at a ‘duty free store’ where they can take advantage of these savings and save money on hundreds of items!
Here at Ambassador Duty Free, you will find items to shop in the following categories, including but not limited to
- Confections and International treats
- Jewelry, Watches, Sunglasses
- Perfume, Skincare, and cosmetics.
- Our Border Bargain Shop also offers standard retail goods priced 45 – 60% below domestic retail pricing in the categories of toys, electronics, home goods, tools, bed & bath, and more, with different products arriving six days a week.
Our friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful staff will assist you with all of your shopping needs. We know you’ll find your stop at Ambassador Duty Free to be an enjoyable and cost-saving way to shop. To maintain our efficiency and convenience for shoppers, we’ve installed an on-site banking machine and a state-of-the-art system that allows for expedient processing of credit cards and debit cards.
Ambassador Duty Free Detroit is proud to offer additional amenities such as:
- Clean, spacious restrooms
- Large dedicated parking for Semi Trucks, RVs, cars, and tour buses.
- Café offering fresh sandwiches daily, free coffee, and a variety of goods such as pops, snacks, fresh eggs, OJ, and milk.
- Café seating and dining space
- Payment for items in US or Canadian Currency.
- Cash Exchange
- Tax-Free / Duty Free Unleaded & Premium Fuel.
- Tax-Free / Duty Free USDL Fuel
- Fleet Fuel Payment options
- Email printing of trucking documents & required manifests. *NO FAX CAPABILITIES ON SITE
- Free public WIFI.
- Online prepay shopping for Duty Free in store or curbside pickup.
* To purchase and take liquor or tobacco into Canada, you must be 19 years of age.